Child left in van overheats, isn't hospitalized



BAZETTA -- A young child left alone in a locked van caused a scare Friday afternoon at Wal-Mart at 2015 Elm Road N.E.
A Wal-Mart employee called 911 at 2:15 p.m. to report a preschool-age child had been left in the vehicle in the parking lot near the store's main entrance for an estimated 20 minutes, a 911 supervisor said.
A woman had left the child in the van while she shopped at Wal-Mart, the supervisor said. The child was out of the van by the time the Bazetta Fire Department arrived, and the fire department ambulance did not transport the child to a hospital, a fire department spokesman said.
A Bazetta Fire Department ambulance crew advised the 911 center that the child had become overheated in the van and called the Trumbull County Children Services Board to the scene, the 911 supervisor said.
Bazetta police at the scene said the child seemed to be dehydrated, he added.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.