HOW WE SEE THEM Vindicator football rankings
BIG SCHOOLS (DIVISION I-III)
1. Warren Harding (1-0), vs. Cleveland Glenville. The Raiders have won 22 straight regular season games and 28 in a row at Mollenkopf Stadium.
2. Austintown Fitch (1-0), vs. Erie Cathedral Prep. The Falcons were impressive in their victory over West Side rival Chaney.
3. Cardinal Mooney (1-0), vs. Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas. The Cardinals are carrying their playoff momentum from last season, opening with a big road win at East Liverpool.
4. Ursuline (1-0), vs. Steubenville. Seniors Alex Allen, Derrick Stewart and Company responded to first-year coach Dan Reardon in their opening win over Boardman.
5. Howland (1-0), vs. Erie Central. The Tigers lost a wealth of seniors off last year's playoff team, but they didn't show any signs of slowing down in Week 1, pounding Cleveland East.
6. Chaney (0-1), at Canal Fulton Northwest. The Cowboys look to rebound after a tough loss to Fitch.
7. Beaver Local (1-0), vs. Carrollton. The Beavers, undefeated through 10 games last season, looked good in a blowout win against Akron East.
8. Poland (0-1), vs. Alliance. The Bulldogs' schedule doesn't get any easier after a season-opening loss to Northeastern Buckeye Conference power Louisville.
9. Canfield (1-0), at Canton South. The Cardinals were strong defensively and on special teams in a win over The Rayen School.
10. Lakeview (1-0), at Conneaut. With Howland looming in Week 3, the Bulldogs can't afford to look past Conneaut.
1. Warren John F. Kennedy (1-0), vs. Struthers. After a solid win over Newton Falls, the Eagles gear for another area challenge.
2. Liberty (1-0), vs. Woodrow Wilson. The Leopards are coming off a respectable road win and begin to prepare for their home opener.
3. South Range (1-0), vs. Crestview. The Raiders revealed a strong running game in their opener against East Palestine. They face another Tri-County League opponent this week.
4. Crestview (1-0), at South Range. The Rebels dismantled Lowellville, but they probably won't find the going as smooth this week.
5. Struthers (0-1), at Warren John F. Kennedy. First-year coach Pete Pirone Jr. seeks his first win against the powerful Eagles.
6. Mineral Ridge (1-0), at Columbiana. Rams running back Levi Leigh is coming off a three-touchdown performance against Leetonia.
7. Springfield (1-0), vs. Brookfield. The Tigers piled up over 200 rushing yards in opening win over Campbell.
8. Girard (1-0), at Campbell. The Indians take their aerial assault to refurbished John Knapick Field.
9. Newton Falls (0-1), at Southeast. The Tigers came so close to knocking off Warren JFK; they can take out their frustrations on their Portage County League opponent.
10. Columbiana (1-0), vs. Mineral Ridge. The Clippers, coming off a 19-6 win over Malvern, will have their hands full with the Rams.
XCardinal Mooney and Ursuline are grouped in the big school division because of their prominent schedules.