TOP 10 LIST OF THINGSNOT TO DO IN A PEDIATRIC OFFICE
The pediatric staff of Dr. Jodie Mathie in Denver offered the following top-10 poor-patient-etiquette list (We added the David Letterman-type sarcasm).
10. Don't expect the staff to feed your kids. Bring your own snacks.
9. When calling with a non-life-threatening question, do not refuse to leave a message with the staff and demand to talk to the doctor. It's not fair to the waiting patients (and the doctor who has to face their wrath).
8. Don't bring the whole crew to little Johnny's appointment and say, "Oh, can you check Susie's throat and Billy's ears?"
7. Don't let the kids run wild. It's a doctor's office, not a day care.
6. Bring your own toys
5. Be on time. So what if your doctor is always late.
4. Don't expect the staff to change the dirty diapers.
3. At the end of the appointment, don't say, "Oh, by the way, I have six camp forms that need to be filled out -- now!"
2. Don't take the magazines home.
1. Leave the cell phones behind.