Fumes send worker to Salem hospital


SALEM -- An employee of American Standard on South Ellsworth Avenue was taken to Salem Community Hospital Saturday after breathing noxious fumes.
Salem firefighters wouldn't release the employee's name. Salem Community Hospital wouldn't release any information about the employee.
Firefighters said they were called to the company at about 6 p.m. after a computer incorrectly mixed chemicals, creating a gas. About six employees were in the building at the time. They were evacuated.
Firefighters opened doors and vents in the building, and employees were allowed back in at about 7:40 p.m.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.