A closer look at Cattron Group and its operating units:
Founded: Jim Cattron started the company in 1946 by creating the country's first authorized Motorola service station.
Divisions: Cattron Communications provides two-way radio service and other communications products in Mercer, Lawrence and Beaver counties in Pennsylvania and Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties in Ohio. Cattron-Theimeg was created when Cattron bought Theimeg, a German company. It makes remote control units for use in industry.
Employees: 250, including 150 in Sharpsville. Twelve of those work for Cattron Communications.
Local facilities: The company has an office on North Second Street and a plant that makes remote control products on West Shenango Street, Sharpsville. It also has service centers in Boardman and Warren.
Source: Cattron Group