LEETONIA -- Authorities are investigating the firebombing of a village residence, which occurred early Friday.
Shortly after 2 a.m., someone threw a glass bottle containing a flammable liquid through the dining room window of the home of John and Shirley Hearn at 541 Butcher Road, causing a fire that burned the dining room wall, carpeting, curtains and furniture, according to Fire Capt. David Leffel.
The occupants were awakened by smoke detectors, and Hearn was able to extinguish the flames with a garden hose before firefighters arrived. There were no injuries.
No arrests have been made; authorities have no suspects in mind; and there is no known motive, Leffel said. No damage estimate was available.
Village police and firefighters and the Columbiana County Fire Investigation Unit are investigating, and the state fire marshal's office has been notified.