NEW LAW Exotic animals

Under terms of an ordinance passed by township trustees, people wishing to keep exotic or endangered species must:
Do so in business, commercial or industrial zones of 3 acres or more.
Be fully federally or state-licensed.
Carry $1 million liability insurance.
Register annually and pay a $100 fee to the township zoning office.
Properly confine the animals.
Notify law enforcement officials and the township administrator or clerk within one hour of discovering any escape.
Source: Township officials

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.