facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Fire destroys home in West Middlesex, Pa.



Published: Thu, April 25, 2002 @ 12:00 a.m.



WEST MIDDLESEX, Pa. -- A malfunctioning clothes dryer caused a fire that gutted the interior of a home at 249 Wet Track Road in Shenango Township.

Fire Chief Ronald Ziglear said his department received the call around 11:45 a.m. Wednesday and the fire was already burning up the wall behind the dryer when they arrived. Smoke was visible coming from the eaves.

Owners John and Jane McClain, he a former police officer in the township and she a former township supervisor, were home at the time, Ziglear said.

They were drying clothes and one of them went into the basement of their one-story home to put more clothes into the dryer, and it appeared to just burst into flames, Ziglear said, adding that they got out safely on their own.

Firefighters from West Middlesex and Pulaski assisted. The last crew left the scene around 3 p.m. Ziglear said the house appears to be a total loss. He had no damage estimate but said it was insured. There were no injuries.




Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes