facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Man is burned in kitchen blaze



Published: Tue, September 11, 2001 @ 12:00 a.m.



AUSTINTOWN -- Gary Brown, 52, of Austintown, was in stable condition in the burn center of Children's Hospital Medical Center of Akron after a fire in his kitchen, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The spokeswoman said Brown had second-degree burns on 41/2 percent of his body. The burns were on his face and upper right arm, she said.

Township Fire Chief Andrew Frost said Brown was using spray starter fluid to clean coils on the back of the refrigerator when fumes filled the kitchen. A pilot light in the stove ignited the vapors. Frost said the man suffered "very, very serious" injuries. He was the only one injured. The kitchen suffered extensive damage.

Frost warned against using household products for unintended uses.

"Some things you take for granted in your home are so dangerous," he said.

Frost declined to release the man's address, saying an investigation is pending.




Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes