Maliniches mark 50th anniversary by renewing vows
POLAND -- Mr. and Mrs. George Malinich, 6073 Pawnee Place, observed their golden wedding anniversary April 22 by renewing their marriage vows at a Mass at St. Matthias Church.
Monsignor John Zuraw officiated, and a family dinner followed at the Ground Round in Boardman.
Attending were the couple's children and their spouses, Patricia and George Photakis of Columbus, Darlene Malich of Youngstown, and Tim and Beth Malinich of North Ridgeville. Another son and daughter-in-law, George and Carol Malinich of Phoenix, were unable to attend. Seven grandchildren complete their family.
Mr. Malinich and the former Ann Marie Korechko were married April 21, 1951, at Holy Trinity Church in Struthers. He served during World War II with the U.S. Naval Construction Battalion. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in mechanical engineering and worked for the Republic Steel Corp. Steel and Tube Division in Elyria and Cleveland and the Truscon Division in Youngstown, as well as Machine Design Services in Youngstown and Sharon Tube Co. in Sharon, Pa.
His wife was employed at Republic Rubber Co. prior to their marriage.
The couple will also celebrate their anniversary on a cruise this summer.