The benefits of attending
Reasons for tailoring a financial planning workshop to women?
* Women earn less than men: 76 cents for every $1.
* Working women are less likely to have a retirement plan than working men: 33 percent vs. 55 percent.
* Women work fewer years than men; they take more time off to care for their families.
* Women outlive men by six or seven years and therefore need more capital to carry them through.
* More than 70 percent of single parents are women.
* Women save less.
* Women make more conservative, less lucrative investments.
Source: State treasurer's office