The history of Rulli Bros., a locally owned family grocery business that got its start in downtown Youngstown:
1917 -- Brothers Nicola, Joe and Frank Rulli opened their first store on East Federal Street downtown.
1969 -- Urban renewal forces the family to move from downtown into temporary quarters on Youngstown-Poland Road, Boardman.
1971 -- Rulli Bros. Market opens in a new building on South Avenue, Boardman.
1988 -- Frank and Louise Rulli open a second Rulli Bros. store on Kirk Road, Austintown, operating independently of the first family owned store.
1997 -- The Rullis celebrate their 80th anniversary as Mahoning Valley grocers.
1995 -- Rullis construct a 10,000-square-foot warehouse behind the Kirk Road store.
2001 -- Rulli Bros. Austintown opens the county's first self-serve checkout.