facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

1 adult, 2 children admitted to hospital after house fire



Published: Wed, June 6, 2001 @ 12:00 a.m.



YOUNGSTOWN -- Two young children and an adult who was with them are hospitalized after a Tuesday evening fire in the children's residence.

Robert Struble, 43, was admitted to Forum Health Northside Medical Center after suffering smoke inhalation and cuts on his arms; and Marcus Kennon, 3, who suffered smoke inhalation, and Andrail Kennon, 2, who suffered a burned left arm, were admitted to Forum Health Tod Children's Hospital.

Struble was in guarded condition and the children were in stable condition today.

The blaze, which erupted at 10:05 p.m. in the two-story wood residence at 30 W. Judson Ave., caused an estimated $5,000 damage, according to Fire Capt. Richard Russo.

Marcus may have been playing with paper around the stove and lighted a basket on fire in the kitchen, while Struble, who is his uncle, slept on a couch, Russo said. All four burners on the stove were left on, and Struble said the children probably turned them on, Russo said.

Struble took Marcus out of the house when he escaped, then hurt his arms while breaking a window to re-enter the house to get Andrail out.




Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes | Pittsburgh International Airport