CREAM OF WHEAT History



Created in 1893 by Tom Amidon, the head miller at Diamond Milling Co., a small flour mill in Grand Forks, N.D.
Moved to Minneapolis in 1897 because demand for product caused company to outgrow its capacity in Grand Forks.
Began cranking out the porridge-like cereal at a second location for more than 20 years after outgrowing its first plant in Minneapolis in 1903.
Built third and current plant in 1927.

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.