House fires break out in Farrell, Sharon

SHARON, Pa. -- Firefighters in Farrell and Sharon battled separate house fires Wednesday.
Farrell firefighters were called to investigate heavy smoke coming from the home of Vicki Cole of 419 Fruit Ave. and found a second-floor bedroom ablaze.
No one was home, and fire authorities said the blaze was apparently started by an overheated hair-curling iron. Officials ruled the fire accidental. Flames were confined to the bedroom but the entire house suffered smoke and water damage.
In Sharon, firefighters were called to a house at 1670 McDowell St. that is being rebuilt. It is owned by Chris and Jennifer Levitt of Alcoma Street. A passer-by noticed flames coming from the garage, which is under part of the home, around 11:50 p.m.
The fire was confined to the ceiling of the garage and some flooring and vinyl siding stored in the room above it. A state police fire marshal has been called in to investigate.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.