The Ohio High School Athletic Association enforces these guidelines for coaches overseeing practices and athletic contests.
1. Water must be available at all times during practices and games.
2. A coach must be present throughout practices.
3. A coach, manager or assistant must record each player's weight daily.
4. Practices should be revised when environmental conditions become critical. Adjustments should be made involving practice length, time of day, amount of equipment and clothing, and intensity.
5. The OHSAA recommends having a physician at all athletic contests.
6. Schools are recommended to have a certified athletic trainer.
7. Football players must have four days of practice (acclimation days) before contact and three days of practice before wearing full pads. Pre-season physical fitness drills may not substitute for the non-contact acclimation days.
For more information, visit www.ohsaa.org.