- Before you use Vindy.com
- Reproduction or distribution of the contents of Vindy.com or Vindicator.com.
You may download or print one copy of some or all of the downloadable contents displayed on the Sites, for personal non-commercial home use only, but only if you keep intact all copyright and other notices contained in the contents. Any modification of the contents, or use of the contents, for any other purpose will violate The Vindicator’s copyright and other proprietary rights.
Any use of the contents of the Sites via any other web site or other networked computer environment is prohibited.
- Online subscription payment packages.
You must pay a subscriber's fee for access to areas within each Site, such as to the entire text of The Vindicator newspaper. To gain access to those areas, you must select from among the following payment packages:
- $5.55 for each month of access, if you also subscribe to The Vindicator newspaper during that month;
- $11.00 for each month of access, if you do not also subscribe to The Vindicator newspaper during that month.
Payment can be made through The Vindicator's Verisign payment gateway. You can pay for a combination subscription (the newspaper + vindy.com/Vindicator.com) at one time through a recurring monthly charge of $15.55 paid through the Verisign gateway.
- Linked sites.
- Submissions – granting a license to The Vindicator.
If you have some proprietary rights in something that you submit (by posting to a forum or otherwise) to either or both of the Sites, by making the submission, you grant to The Vindicator free of charge an unconditional, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, modify, publicly display, publicly perform, adapt, and distribute your submission in any manner and in any medium forever and throughout the world, which includes granting The Vindicator the right to charge a fee to others to use, copy, modify, publicly display, publicly perform, adapt, or distribute your submission.
If you do not want a submission to become licensed automatically in accordance with these terms, please make no submissions to Vindy.com or to Vindicator.com.
- Submissions -- what The Vindicator prohibits.
You are not allowed to submit to either or both of the Sites anything that:
- is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, an invasion of privacy, or that you intend to inflict emotional distress;
- advocates or facilitates a violation of any law, or that is itself illegal to communicate or transmit;
- infringes any proprietary right of any person, such as copyright, trademark, trade name, patent right, or trade secret;
- violates an order of a court or governmental agency;
- proposes or solicits any commercial transaction, or proposes or solicits any donation or payment of any funds for any purpose, or advertises or promotes any good or service for sale or lease;
- transmits “spam,” “chain letters,” “junk mail,” or “pyramid schemes”;
- violates a contract or a confidential relationship or relationship to which you owe a duty of loyalty;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, file or program that functions to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or that
- The Vindicator has determined in its sole discretion to remove from either or both of the Sites.
You also are not allowed to collect or store personal information or data about other users.
- Submissions -- monitoring.
Any interactive forum of either Site is non-moderated by The Vindicator. The Vindicator does not read or otherwise monitor every posting or submission made on or to either Vindy.com or Vindicator.com.
The Vindicator reserves the sole discretion to remove, edit, or refuse to allow a posting or submission for any reason or for no reason, and has no duty to explain why it has removed or refused to allow a posting or submission.
- Termination or suspension of your access to any interactive forum of Vindy.com or Vindicator.com for submissions, including postings.
The Vindicator may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to any interactive forum of either or both Sites (for making submissions) for any reason or for no reason. The Vindicator has no duty to explain why it has terminated or suspended that access.
- No warranties.
The contents of the Sites are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, The Vindicator disclaims all express or implied warranties of merchantability, warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and all other express or implied warranties. The Vindicator expressly disclaims any warranty that the functions contained in the contents of either Site will be uninterrupted or free of errors, that defects will be corrected, or that either Site or the server that makes either Site available are free of viruses, worms, or other elements harmful to your computer system. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the disclaimer of implied warranties may not apply to all users of either Site.
- Liability exclusions.
The Vindicator shall not be liable to you or to any other person for any actual, special, consequential, or any other kind of damage that results from your use of, or your inability to use, either Site or its contents, including the transmittal of viruses, worms, or other elements harmful to a computer system.
If you post, transmit, or submit to either Site anything in violation of these terms, or in violation of The Vindicator’s termination or suspension of your access to any interactive forum of either Site, you agree to indemnify The Vindicator and its agents, successors, and subsidiaries for any and all claims, damages, demands, injuries, or losses arising from whatever it was that you posted, transmitted, or submitted.
If you have an “account” with either or both of the Sites to post or submit anything to any interactive forum of either Site, you agree to be fully liable for any and all claims, damages, demands, injuries, or losses arising from any posting, transmission, or submission resulting from someone else using your account, regardless of whether you permitted that use.
- Governing Law; Severability; Entire Agreement.