Greatest Golfer Registration
We are currently putting folks on standby — fill out the form below to be added to the list. We think we’ll have room for you and you will be contacted shortly when a spot becomes available. Contact us with questions.
The tournament will take place Aug. 22-24. Entry is $125 — that one fee covers all golf, riding carts and lunches for as long as the golfer is in the 2014 event.
2014 TOURNEY OVERVIEW
- You must be from the 5-county Vindy delivery area to compete. We will accept players from outside the Valley if you are an alum from a Valley high school. So if you were raised here, and can prove it, we will welcome you back for the Greatest. You must prove you graduated from a Valley school.
- Tourney is a 54-hole cumulative scoring with cuts after 36 holes.
- All tourney play is scratch scoring. Handicaps will NOT BE applied to any scores. In the divisions where a handicap is requested, the handicap is only for pairing purposes. It will not be applied to the scoring.
- All players must have a handicap either through the GHIN system or a local course league that can be verified by club pro or league president.
- The division breakdowns could be adjusted by stroke or two depending on number of entries.
- Tourney is limited to players with a 25 handicap or less. To play in top men’s division, you must have the handicap listed. Players above that handicap must play in own division.
- Limited spots in each division. A top percentage of golfers from each division will advance to finals.
- For Seniors and SuperSeniors, competition will return to the normal Fri-Sat-Sun schedule and NOT begin on Tuesday as it did in 2013.
- We can accommodate tee time requests due to work or other obligations as long as they are within our set times. But you cannot request playing partners.
SOME RULES OF PLAY
- USGA and Local rules will govern Play.
- Please note that the ONE BALL RULE is in effect.
- Please count your clubs before teeing off (14 clubs).
- Players will exchange scorecards within their group. Scorecards must be turned in at the completion of the round with two signatures. All scores will be recorded without Handicaps. Players should finalize scores together as a group, then immediately turn in to the tourney rep.
- Use of measuring devices is permitted, with the exception of tools that detect elevation.
- Caddies are permitted; one cart seat per player; cart seat can be used by the caddie, the player must walk.
- All putts must be holed. NO GIMMIES.
- If there is a doubt as to a rules procedure, a player may play two balls and the rules committee will make the ruling after play. Please report the issue before signing your scorecard.
- Pace of play is crucial. Our goal is 4 hours and 20 minutes. Staff will monitor play and issue warnings. If you are out of position, your group will receive a warning and placed on the clock. A two-stroke penalty can be assessed. Please play ready golf.
- The tournament committee and course officials may adjust format due to weather conditions, course conditions or other circumstances.
- Players will be advised of local rules at the start of play.
- Smile. Breathe. Enjoy.